Dear Member: 2016 was a productive year for the Chemainus Festival of Murals Society. Members of the Board of Directors were active in many Society endeavours, as well as the continued preservation of 47 murals and numerous sculptures.
This included, but was not limited to:
- – restoration of Memories of a Chinese Boy by Arthur Cheng;
- – three new murals in the “Emily Carr Series” unveiled in August in conjunction with a festival;
- – approval from the Municipality to create a labyrinth in Waterwheel Park;
- – worked with CIBC and their consultants regarding a complete repair to the wall of the bank and the upcoming restoration of The Lumber Barons;
- – began work to develop a policy for the use of the mural images;
- – sponsored a contest to name the mural at the Best Western Hotel.The Society’s 2016 successes were made possible through our memberships and many generous donations. Thank you to those of you who are members of the Chemainus Festival of Murals Society. Your support is a critical link to the success of our organization. A continuing strong membership will strengthen our ability to implement vital new concepts and will assist in securing future funding. Please renew your $25 membership as soon as possible and mail it and your cheque, payable to The Chemainus Festival of Murals Society, to Box 131, Chemainus, BC, V0R 1K0.
- You can also pay online at our website www.muraltown.com (please refer to the renewal invoice for assistance).We look forward to 2017 as we continue to promote the worldwide image created by “the little town that did™” … and keeps on doing. Every $25 helps.Sincerely,
Tom Andrews, President
Chemainus Festival of Murals Society
January 9, 2017